Premarital Counseling Pre Marital Counseling
We offer pre-marital counseling to couples who want to address issues and concerns ahead of time, to ensure a happy and successful marriage. There are many things to discuss and in throes of love we may forget to talk them through. The result: surprises, perhaps unwelcome ones.
Here’s a partial list of things to talk over and deeply understand with your partner:
- What does it mean to be a wife? From her perspective? From his?
- What does it mean to be a husband? From his perspective? From hers?
- What did you learn from your family about being a husband or wife?
- Who is supposed to do what? (In the home/outside the home)
- How are decisions made?
- What does money mean to each of you? Who is supposed to earn it? What will it be spent on?
- Will you have children? How many? Who takes care of children?
- What do your extended families mean to you? How much time do you spend with them?
- What struggles have you seen in married couples? How might you handle those struggles with your own partner?
- How do power issues show up between you? How will you address them?
- What is allowed to be talked about?
- What is not supposed to be talked about?
- What does sex mean to each of you? How often are you “supposed” to have sex? How do you talk about what works and doesn’t work for you sexually?
- What is foreplay? When does it happen?
- When and where do you vacation?
- How is faith a part of your lives? Is it?
- How will you face personal and/or professional challenges?
- Would you move with your partner’s job?
- . . . And so forth
We’re here to walk you through these conversations and more, as well as to teach tools and skills for a lifetime.
Call us today at 650-847-0030 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org